Friday, October 9, 2009

Gauteng Nature: In and Around (Entry 1)


Photo: Denni Raubenheimer www.wildlifestockimage.com

Gauteng. Economic and industrial hub of South Africa. Probably the Province most synonymous with the rat race. With all the development and industry associated with this region, what does it still have to offer nature lovers? In my opinion, still quite a lot.

In my next entrees I will be focused on the nature reserves, wilderness areas and nature oases in and close to Gauteng. Being based in Pretoria I will start off with “Jacaranda Stad” and her surrounds and by the end I hope I will have done justice to a still beautiful Province.

Please feel free to suggest locations in and nearby Gauteng that you would like to be discussed, or to comment on your experience of such places.

Denni Raubenheimer
info@wildlifestockimage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment